Saturday, December 21, 2013

Why I am not giving a shit about Night of Yalda (Winter Solstice)

Well, the answer in short is, I can. Anyways, the following is a longer answer.

I have reached that point in my adult life (fucking hate this adult life) that I can no longer give a shit about any Persian holiday. I lied. I still give a shit about Ashura. And it is funny for if you ask me, I will tell you I am an Atheist. Let's talk about it some other time.

(Ashura is certainly not 100% Persian, but like any other thing Arab occupiers shoved down the throat of the Persians, it is now 120% Persionaized.)

Well, 7 years of being away from Iran, stranded in a backward corner of America, has made me forget having any excitement over any Persian Holiday: Norooz (Persian New Year), Shab-e Yalda, Chahar Shnabeh Soori (Last Wednesday of the Persian Year), 22 Bahman (commemoration of 1979 Revolution), etc.

And I am in that state. I do not experience any excitement over any holiday, therefore, I find it hypocritical, fake and outright pathetic of myself to pretend I am excited about it when talking to other Iranians be it on twitter or in real life. If they are excited, good for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment